Department of Bengali

Situated on the eastern bank of the river Bhagirathi, the 150 yrs old Krishnath college which has gathered to itself a halo bequeathed by its eminent teachers and alumuni, was originally founded by the Govt. of Bengal under East India Company on the 18th Nov. 1853 by notification no : 1913 20th Oct 1853, with the assistance of Nawab, Zaminders and a number of common people of this district although the idea of founding both the college and the University was first conceived by the visionary idealist and a Renaissance man Raja Krishnath – a dream that was not translated into reality by his cruel untimely death. However, since then the growth and development of this college have always been intimately concerned with Cossimbazar Raj family. Thus it is significant that the genesis of this Institution marked a cultural synthesis between feudalism and democracy not often dreamed of in that remote past.

STUDY MATERIAL

Faculty Members

Avishek Ghosal
(Assistant Professor)

Rafiqul Islam
(Assistant Professor)

Bidyut Mondal
(Guest Teacher)

Madhuri Biswas
(Assistant Professor)

Sanat Goswami
(Associate Professor)

Dipankar Ghosh
(Guest Teacher)

Mausumi Bandyopadhyay
(Associate Professor)

Trina Bagchi
(Guest Teacher)